Browse our website or visit our buildings and gardens to have fun and learn more about Simsbury’s past, present and future.
On the website:
- Follow the Simsbury History sign post to read about Martin Luther King, Jr, and his time in Simsbury, the Talcott Mountain Boys, and early district schools of Simsbury.
- See pictures of our buildings and learn about the people who built and used them.
- Print drawings of our flowers and color them yourself.
- Take a Simsbury quiz – how well do YOU know your town?
- Read about upcoming events and mark your calendar!
On the grounds:
- Dress up in one of our costumes and take a tour.
- Play games that entertained children long ago.
- Sit in the Tavern and imagine resting there while traveling on the Farmington Canal.
- See early machinery that twisted gunpowder into spun fibers to make safety fuses.
- Imagine shopping from the stocked peddler’s wagon instead of in today’s department stores.
The Simsbury Historical Society is a non-profit organization that depends upon your support. Please consider making a donation to support our efforts in preserving Simsbury's rich history. If you're interested in becoming a member of the Simsbury Historical Society, please visit our Membership page.